Public notice is hereby given that I, Vincent Buono, Tax Collector of the taxing district of the Village of Ridgefield Park, County of Bergen, State of New Jersey, on Wednesday December 7th, 2022 at 2 pm in the Municipal Building located at 234 Main St, Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, or at such later time and place to which said sale may then be adjourned, will expose for lien sale and sell the several parcels of land on which taxes and/or other municipal charges remain unpaid for the year 2021 and prior subject to N.J.S.A. 54:5 et seq. Said properties will be sold subject to redemption at the lowest rate of interest, but in no case shall exceed 18% per Annum. Payment for liens purchased shall be made via money order or certified check only prior to the conclusion of the sale.
Industrial properties may be subject to the Spill Compensation and Control Act (N.J.S.A. 58:58:10-23.11 et seq.) the Water Pollution Control Act, (N.J.S.A. 58:10A-1 et. Seq.) and the Industrial Site Recovery Act (N.J.S.A. 13:1K-6 et seq.). In addition the municipality is precluded from issuing a tax sale certificate to a prospective purchaser who is or may be in any way connected to the prior owner or operator of the site. The said lands and the names of persons who have been assessed as owner of said lands and the total amount due and owing on said land(s) are as follows:
The 2022 Tax Sale will be held on Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 at 2:00pm, on the third floor of the Municipal Building, 234 Main Street, Ridgefield Park, NJ.
Click on this LINK to see the Properties listed for the 2022 Tax Sale.
- This is the annual sale of Tax Title Liens for delinquent taxes for the Village of Ridgefield Park.
- Bids will be accepted from all responsible parties. Bids are to be received in percentages starting at 18% per annum and work downward to 0%. All bids are to be in full percentage points only. Should the bid reach 0% premium bids will start at $100 and increase in $100 increments.
- Winning bidder will be asked to confirm their name.
- We suggest that the bidders bring a completed W9 and indicate if the bidder has held a Village lien under this tax-id. We will ask for a contact name, address, phone, email and fax number.
- There are no properties with prior liens. There are no Utility liens. There is no 6% year end penalty. The town is on Calendar Year ended Dec 31. Village interest rate is 8% on the first $1,500, 18% on balance. Items not bid on will be sold and struck to the Village at 18%.
- After all properties have been announced and offered for sale, the sale will be adjourned until all funds have been received and deposited.
- The Tax Collector has the right to adjourn the sale of any individual piece of property from day to day or from week to week in accordance with New Jersey Statutes.
- Order shall be maintained throughout the proceedings, The Tax Collector has the right to have removed from this room any person or persons who are, in the collector’s opinion, disruptive or unable to comply with the directions pertaining to the conduct of the sale.
- Successful bidders will proceed to the Tax Office on the second floor (you are on the third floor) for settlement. Successful bidders will have the opportunity to go to their bank or financial institution to obtain funds.
- Payment must be in guaranteed funds, Certified Check, Money Order or Cash. Wires will be accepted. Separate checks are required for Premiums.
- Preregistration is not required, bring all documentation the day of the sale
- NJ Division of Taxation - County Equalization Tables (state.nj.us)