All residents, businesses and organizations in the Village of Ridgefield Park are required to implement recycling of selected waste products to reduce disposal costs.
The recycling center is located at 24 Industrial Avenue and is open from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon, Monday through Saturday.
Proof of Residency is required.
NO CONTRACTORS or COMMERCIAL VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED.
Any questions, please call Alan O'Grady at the DPW at (201) 440-4860
Commingled recyclables MUST be placed in a hard plastic or galvanized container with a MAXIMUM capacity of 20 gallons. Plastic bags or boxes cannot be used to hold commingled recyclable items. NO PLASTIC BAGS of any kind can be mixed in with recyclables.
DPW employees have been instructed NOT to pick up recyclables if they do not meet with these criteria.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- All commingled recyclables will be placed together in the proper container and placed at curbside for collection.
a) Approved containers are made of hard plastic with a maximum capacity of 20 gallons.
b) Plastic bags or boxes cannot be used to hold commingled items or newspapers.
- All containers and recyclables shall be placed at the curb no earlier than 5:00 PM the night before collection and empty containers removed from the curb by 8:00 PM collection day.
- All tires, air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, stoves, hot water heaters, computers and electronics, should be placed at the curb on your scheduled recycling day only after making arrangements with the DPW at 440-4860. Failure to call will result in the item remaining at the curb, and you may be subject to a fine.
- Corrugated cardboard and brown paper bags shall be flattened and tied in bundles or placed in a recycling container such as a milk crate. Keep newspapers separate from magazines and mixed paper.
- Newspapers, magazines and mixed paper should be tied in bundles or placed in a recycling container such as a milk crate. No plastic bags of any kind
- Yard waste, grass and leaves must be in a rigid plastic or galvanized container or in bio-degradable paper bags. No plastic bags of any kind will be accepted.
The Village reserves the right to refuse to pick up any items if the requirements of the Village are not met. The Village also reserves the right to enforce all penalties pertaining to recycling and garbage ordinances.