The 2021 Tax Sale will be held on Wednesday, December 8th, 2021 at 2:00pm, on the third floor of the Municipal Building.
Click on this LINK to see the Properties listed for the 2021 Tax Sale.
- This is the annual sale of Tax Title Liens for delinquent taxes for the Village of Ridgefield Park.
- Bids will be accepted from all responsible parties. Bids are to be received in percentages starting at 18% per annum and work downward to 0%. All bids are to be in full percentage points only. Should the bid reach 0% premium bids will start at $100 and increase in $100 increments.
- Winning bidder will be asked to confirm their name.
- We suggest that the bidders bring a completed W9 and indicate if the bidder has held a Village lien under this tax-id. We will ask for a contact name, address, phone, email and fax number.
- There are no properties with prior liens. There are no Utility liens. There is no 6% year end penalty. The town is on Calendar Year ended Dec 31. Village interest rate is 8% on the first $1,500, 18% on balance. Items not bid on will be sold and struck to the Village at 18%.
- After all properties have been announced and offered for sale, the sale will be adjourned until all funds have been received and deposited.
- The Tax Collector has the right to adjourn the sale of any individual piece of property from day to day or from week to week in accordance with New Jersey Statutes.
- Order shall be maintained throughout the proceedings, The Tax Collector has the right to have removed from this room any person or persons who are, in the collector’s opinion, disruptive or unable to comply with the directions pertaining to the conduct of the sale.
- Successful bidders will proceed to the Tax Office on the second floor (you are on the third floor) for settlement. Successful bidders will have the opportunity to go to their bank or financial institution to obtain funds.
- Payment must be in guaranteed funds, Certified Check, Money Order or Cash. Wires will be accepted. Separate checks are required for Premiums.
- Preregistration is not required, bring all documentation the day of the sale
- NJ Division of Taxation - County Equalization Tables (state.nj.us)